Monday, April 14, 2008

it's monday finally!

My weekend was jam packed! I'm not sure I could have squeezed one more thing in and still been upright at the end. Friday, we went to see Dan Zanes in concert. Our friends asked us to go, and I said sure, not knowing anything about him. They said he was a kids singer on Disney. Well, we are cable-challenged, so I didn't know him. We went for a wonderful dinner before at their house, then on to the concert. Our seats were row BB Seats 1-7. We thought that would mean the back, or apparently the second row! It was awesome!! After the concert we went back to their house for a night cap. (we decided drinking before a kid's concert was maybe not appropriate.) So, that ended late night #1.
Saturday started early with a 2 year old session. She was not real happy about getting picture done. But after bringing the "baby whisperer" (Olympia) down, she did great. We then grabbed a quick bite for lunch. I have to pack up all the gear for a wedding. Most of you know that I don't really do weddings. You have to be someone I know for me to shoot your wedding. I was a wedding assistant for 6 years. I am tired of the wedding scene. So if I agree to do a wedding, they are someone special. And these people were. They are friends of ours from church. Rob went to Pearlington last year with us, where he announced he bought a ring for Sarah before he left. Rob is an amazing carpenter that I witnessed first hand on the trip. For payment of the wedding, we are actually trading pictures for a new dining room set he is building. Anyway, their wedding was a 9 hour job. We then tried to stay and dance, but Olympia was getting tired. I had to stay up and download all the images that night since I had a portrait party the next day, for which I needed all the cards. It was way late when I finally got to sleep. So that was the end of late night #2.
On Sunday, Jeremy let me sleep in until 9:30. (Awesome!!!) But, I had to get ready for the portrait party. Which was a fun easy one. Sure, there were some screamers, but by portrait party standards, it was a fun, easy-going one! I somehow forgot to eat lunch before going, so after, all I wanted was a big steak. So, I packed the family up and took them out to eat. The rest of the night, I sat on the couch and watched bad t.v. (I'm thinking of calling the cable company today, just so I could watch more baseball.) I think it was a well deserved break.
Wow, this was an epic post. Sorry about that. But that was really my weekend. This week is looking much better.

thumbs up!

No comments: