Friday, January 23, 2009

death row

Last night I was telling some friends about the book I had just finished (Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult). Olympia was playing on the floor while we were talking. I was talking about the main character who was on death row. I probably said death row 3 times in the conversation when the following conversation happened.
O: "Mom, we saw death row."
Me: "What?!? What are you talking about? Death row?"
O: "Remember we saw death row at the movies."
Me: (panicing) "What movie?"
O: "You know the mouse with the big ears!" (eye roll)
Me: "Oh Despereaux. Yes we say Despereaux at the movies."
O: "I told you we saw it."

We laughed at that for a long time. Thankfully we avoided a conversation I was not really ready to have with her. I think death row might be a 7 or 8 year old conversation.

Two thumbs up!

No comments: