Friday, February 27, 2009

any recipies for this?

Olympia loves to watch anything having to do with babies. Especially babies being born. Understandable since there will be a new baby born at our house. To help feed her interest, I stupidly let her watch a Baby Story on the TV. It was about twins, and silly me thought it would be a c-section delivery. Unfortunately, once I realized that it wasn't, we were too far in. So she watched the whole thing. It wasn't graphic, and the crazy woman did it all natural. TWINS! When it was done, Olympia simply stated, "when I have babies, they are coming out of my tummy, not out of my butt." When I asked why, she said, "it hurts less." I guess I'll buy into that. We have since, stopped watching delivery stories.

We have although, watched a great show on National Geographic Channel, about the development in the womb of cats. It showed the difference of development of house cats verses lions. Very neat. (we skipped over the actual how the babies got in the mom's tummies.) Of course they showed the birth, which Olympia didn't question at all. But since watching this show, several things have happened around our house.
1. She now grooms all of her plastic lions, that she recently gave birth to. Understandable, the mother lion does that.
2. She thinks it's totally normal to have more than 3 babies in your tummy at a time.
3. Possibly the oddest part...she thinks it is normal to eat the placenta once it has come out. She even has gone as far to ask if we are going to bring the placenta home once the baby is born. I don't have a recipe for that. And darn it, Betty Crocker doesn't either. Oh well, guess we will have to leave it for the hospital. Darn!

Two thumbs up!

2 comments:

Skubaliscious said...

Hahahaha...

Meanest Mom blog said in one of her posts that she had a friend who ate placenta soup...I find that slightly icky :)

Emmalie said...

That cracks me up!! When my cousin was very young she watched that show and then told my aunt she would only adopt when it was time for her to be a mom.

I am trying to get into this blog thing more, so I thought I'd check yours out since Kim's a fan. Congrats on the new baby on the way!!