Saturday, January 26, 2008

anatomy lesson


We went to Saint Louis last week. While there, we went to see Body Worlds 3. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it is an exhibit of real human bodies that have been injected with silicon. The process keeps the bodies in tact so you can see how your body works, moves, fits together. Besides whole intact bodies, there are different body parts that are healthy and unhealthy. I know it sounds really gross, but it is facinating. In 2006, we drove to Denver to see Body Worlds 2. Olympia loved it then, but I was unsure of how she would like it now. Apparently, Olympia might become a doctor or biologist or something along those lines. She loved it. She is still talking about now. With that story, here is a conversation we had today.

O: "When I was a little baby, I was in your tummy?"
J: "Yes you were."
O: "Then you went to the hospital and I was born?" (at this point, I am really worried where this is going.)
J: "Yes, you were born at the hospital."
O: "When I was inside your tummy did I see your bones, like we saw in the bodies?"
J: "I guess you might have seen my bones."
O: "I did see them. It was really neat."

Needless to say, I am glad that conversation didn't turn into a birds and bees conversation. But really isn't it amazing how their minds work.

I won't go into too much detail about the Body Worlds exhibit. But here is a link to the website in case you are interested.
www.bodyworlds.com

Thumbs up!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

That conversation is hilarious!