Sunday, February 10, 2008

a democracy?

Yesterday was our democratic caucus. Jeremy and I both were so excited about finally having a "vote" the might matter. We took Olympia along to the caucus, so she could see how it works and we didn't want to find a babysitter. She had a blast. They made her wear an "observer" sticker, so she wouldn't accidentally get counted. When dad went and stood with the undecided group, Olympia walked over and said "Daddy, come stand with us!" (that a girl!) Well, of course the caucus is the talk of the town, so she tells everyone that "last night we went to that thing, what's it called mom?" I tell her it was the caucus to which she adds to pick how will live in the white house. (I know she is a freaking genius.)

This afternoon, we were on the couch. I was making notes on a notepad, when Olympia took the pad and pen from me and started to point around the room, then write somethings down, then point some more and write more. I asked her what are you doing? "We're caucusing mom." Of course we are, this is a democracy right?



Thumbs Up!

No comments: