Wednesday, June 11, 2008

where in the h-e-double hockey sticks have you been??

I know. What could possibily cause such a hiatus in blogging? I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. Just life going on, and me not wanting to face it on the blog. Please don't take me off your reads. I promise to blog a lot more.

Now a funny story. Olympia didn't take a nap yesterday. Sometimes, I think the naps are more for me than her, but she still will sleep for at least an hour, so I figure she needs them as well. But yesterday, she did fall asleep, so I let her get up. We decided to set the pool up. She played in it for at least an hour. It was very nice for me as well. I sat in the sun and returned phone calls. After she played, we came inside, where she pretty much went from Nice Olympia to Mean/Naughty Olympia in less than 30 seconds. I sent her to her room for a time out. She was yelling at me, so I said, "when you have been quiet for 1 minute, I will tell you to come out." After the minute or so, I called for her. No response. Called again. No response. I went into her room, to find her asleep on her bed. We let her sleep for 20 minutes and woke her up. She was very nice and happy then.

Funny story #2. Olympia can write her name. She is not a fan of writing, but she can. For that reason, she thinks every word is comprised of only letters found in her name. So she just writes those letters to "spell" words. She handed me a piece of paper with some letters on it. "what does this spell, mom?" Well, she actually spelled pop. Wow, a real word. So, I told her what it spelled. Pretty proud of herself, she went to work on another word. "I spelled pop a different way. Look." Well, she spelled poop. Of course, I told her what it spelled. She laughed and has gone on to only spell that word everywhere. Awesome. My kid writes poop. We have been trying to work out more words. But poop continues to be the favorite. Oh well.

Two thumbs UP!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Welcome back! I loved both of those Olympia stories, especially the "poop" one! My kids are going to nap until their 10 years old! HA HA!!!

Skubaliscious said...

That's funny. Has she showed anyone at Sunday school her new word ;)?