Wednesday, November 21, 2007

seriously...

In a moment of deep reflection tonight, I realize that maybe our society has a hard time separating reality and fiction. But that moment only lasted for about 30 seconds. I like to watch tv as much as the next person. And since I already established that I love The Bachelor, I feel a need to discuss what has taken place with this show. This will be the only time I discuss it again. (In case you are somehow out of the loop, he didn't pick either girl.) If he loved one girl, he should maybe propose, but kinda hard to tell after only 6 weeks, during which you were talking to/kissing/making out with/using romantic suites with other women. I personally thought it was a little crazy to propose, but that is what America wants, the fairy tale ending. If he only liked one and thought there was potential, then he should "date" her. However, in the most dramatic moment in bachelor history, (Chris's words not mine) he picked neither. He lead on the one I thought he should pick, but backed out last minute. I'm pretty sure that he has serious commitment issues of some sort. So do I feel let down? Am I so mad I'm not going to watch agian? Do I feel sorry for those girls? No. (ok maybe I do feel sorry for them a little bit...but have they ever seen the Bachelor? don't they know there is a real chance of getting your heart broken?) I will, like a sucker, tune in next spring when they start a new season. I look forward to it.

On a separate note, I was told to mention what it was that made me feel an instant attraction to my husband. Was it his charming looks? Was it his great smile? Was it his nice backside? (trying to keep it PG for my mom.) Was it his eyes? No. It was his knees. Isn't that funny. My ex-boyfriend before him was a skinny-minny. I mean 6'4" and a buck twenty. For those of you who don't know what my husband looks like, he looks like a man. He is a big strong man. He has big manly knees. He looks like a guy who will be man enough to take care of you. For some reason, when I saw his knees, I was melting. He had me at his knees. (that was really bad, Jerry Maguire was on the other night, so it was fresh in the mind.)

Also, the day I met my husband, he and I were wearing matching socks. What are the chances of that happening? It was ment to be. Although it took almost a year of flirting and dating for him to realize it. (See Mr. Bachelor, sometimes you have to date someone for awhile before you know for sure if they are your lobster. (like that episode of Friends.))

thumbs up!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Love the comments about your hubby! Too cute!