Thursday, March 20, 2008

march madness


A good friend, who shall remain nameless to save her job, asked me to fill out a NCAA Basketball bracket with her. Just a little friendly wager for old times sake. I have never in my life filled one out. Nor have I ever been interested in basketball. I'm not sure where most of the teams are even located. But why not? So I printed it out, filled it out in 2 minutes, without really paying attention. I picked teams based on mascots, funny sounding names and regions. But I am pretty sure Indiana is going to upset North Carolina. (GO Hoosiers! (I love that movie!)) We have a dinner riding on the line. Most wins, wins! I'm pretty sure I have it in the bag. Actually neither of us knows what is going on, but for the first time ever, I am excited to see who wins. I have my highlighters ready. Yellow-win, Blue-lost. I read somewhere, that March Madness accounts for a 18% job productivity loss each year. I totally get it now. I won't be watching the games, but I will have to spend each evening, cutting into my work time. Oh well, that's less time for surfing the web for the next big thing. Here's to hoping for a lot of yellow.
(Sorry all my Kansas fans, but I just can't get behind them. I am not a fan of the whole state, so don't take it personally.)

Thumbs up!

No comments: